LISA BERDEN, JD
Lisa brings her expertise working with Schluter & Hughes Law Firm, PLLC to advocate for clients particularly in real estate negotiations. After clerking for Michigan Supreme Court Justice Marilyn Kelly out of law school, Lisa has amassed almost two decades of in-depth experience in tax-based real estate finance, commercial transactions, and corporate law. She specializes in providing businesses with advice regarding a variety of compliance and contracting matters, with an emphasis on entrepreneurship, commercial real estate and tax-exempt organizations. Lisa believes that educating clients is critical to their long-term success.
Lisa graduated from Michigan State University with a B.A. in English & Political Science.
The ultimate dog lover, she is a pet parent to 3 rescues! She has enjoyed two cross country drives with her pups to Fairbanks, AK. Geocaching, especially internationally, is another not-so-secret passion, having huge success finding geocaches in Paris, South Africa, and multiple Caribbean locations. Lisa is adored by her nieces who have great adventures together. Growing up in the woods of northern Michigan, Lisa is “Tip of the Mitt” proud but loves Detroit.
Some of her accomplishments and affiliations are as follows:
- CCIM Michigan Board Member 2021; Preferred Partner since 2017
- Troy Chamber of Commerce - 2020 Past Chair of the Board
- TechStars Startup Week - Legal Clinic Volunteer
- Michigan Community Resources COVID-19 Virtual Legal Clinic Volunteer
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Associate Member
- SEED Michigan Advisory Board
- Advantage Health Centers Board of Directors
Wayne State University Law School - J.D. Cum Laude Graduate
Michigan State University - B.A.
Get in Touch:
Email: [email protected]
Office #: (248) 692-7392