DAWN M. SCHLUTER, JD LLM
ATTORNEY & COUNSELOR AT LAW
Being nationally recognized as a Super Lawyer means Dawn really enjoys her job. Nevertheless, it's her clients' recognition of the superb care and understanding during some of their most difficult times where she measures her success. Dawn has extensive experience in estate planning, wealth transfer planning, probate litigation, taxes, and family law matters. In addition to her juris doctorate, she has an LLM in taxation.
“Helping individuals and families plan for important life events is incredibly satisfying. Much of my work focuses on preserving assets through estate planning and giving my clients peace of mind.”
Dawn is a sought after keynote and educational speaker, contributor to the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and she has served on numerous civic boards and gift planning advisory boards, including The YMCA of Metro Detroit Camping Services Board and The American Cancer Society National Advisor Council.
Some of her accomplishments and affiliations are as follows:
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate, 2008-present
- Top Women Lawyers of Michigan - 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Trusts & Estates, 2013-present
- American Bar Association's Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law Section - Member
- State Bar of Michigan's Family Law and Probate and Estate Planning Sections - Member
- Oakland County Bar Association's Probate, Estate and Trust Section
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- Five Star Professional Estate Planning, HOUR Detroit and DBusiness
- DBusiness Magazine, Top Lawyers, Family Law, Trusts and Estates, 2009-present
- ICLE Contributor
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., L.L.M. in Taxation
Kalamazoo College, B.A.
Get in Touch:
Email: [email protected]
Office #: (248) 692-7392